Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter


I hope everyone enjoyed a lovely Easter weekend.  We went to church, as is usual every Sunday and then had a quiet day.  We were back at church in the evening to be at an Easter musical evening in which our daughter sang in one of the choirs. It was a lovely evening.  I feel that Easter is such a sacred time.  If it wasn't for Easter, there would be no need for Christmas, as Jesus would just have been another baby born in Bethlehem, but because of the events of Good Friday and Easter Sunday, we have reason to rejoice and have hope for the future.  I am so grateful for the Saviour and for all that He has done, and continues to do in my life.  Everything I have and hope to have is because of Him.  This short video helps us to remember the reason  we celebrate.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, thank you for your comment over at my blog.I dont know how I missed your blog before.I thought the video was a lovely reminder for those who dont know why Easter is so important.In the UK the powers that be seem to be dumbing down Christianity so as to avoid upsetting or offending other faiths, but I dont know why anyone should be upset, we are all entitled to believe what we want.Hope you had a wonderful Easter X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Anne. I think the problem you mentioned is the same everywhere. We are becoming so politically correct that we are afraid of offending. I think we should be more concerned about being spiritually correct. It's a shame that a few in the minority have spoken up so loudly that now the basic principles most countries were founded on are being threatened. I guess we all need to speak up! Like you say, there is room for everyone and we are all God's children.

      Delete
  2. Hello there Julie, thanks for visitng my blog and your lovely words. Religion was never mentioned in my family when I was growing up and it's only recently I picked up a bible and began to read it............your video touched me deeply and brought tears to my eyes.......I was quite shocked and overwhelmed by my reaction but felt quite at peace afterwards........thank you for posting this video.
    lily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Lily, I'm so glad you enjoyed the video clip! Like you, I wasn't raised in a religious home. But as a teenager I sought out The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and feel I've found what I was looking for. I am happy and know my potential now as a daughter of God. My blog has a button which says "I believe" if you ever want to know more, just click on it or you can always contact me. I am still loving your blog and reading past entries. All the best to you.
      Julie x

      Delete