Monday, May 7, 2012

A name and a blessing


In our church, we baptize children at the age of eight.  As an infant, children are given a name and a blessing.  Yesterday was our little Norah`s occasion.  Family and friends gathered for a special day.  Her Daddy gave her the blessing assisted by her Grandpas and others.


This is our family minus our oldest


Here are both  sides of the family.  Kelsi has seven siblings and the oldest couldn`t make it.


The proud Mommy & Daddy with their little angel!

It was a lovely day for all of us!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie, I went to a friends baptism in the local LDS church about 30 years ago. I loved how she was completely immersed.We dont have that here in our church, babies are sprinkled with Holy water 3 times. It's lovely to hear how other Christian religions do things.
    Thank you for your comment on my blog and bless you for the lovely thought about calling in at Rabbit Hill Inn for a candle if they had one.I am amazed that you said the innkeeper had read my blog, I have no idea how he would have known about it do you? If you are passing there anyway, I'm sure you would be given a warm welcome and be shown around the place.Brian and Lesley had an open door policy, if a bedroom door was open then you could have a look around! A real home from home but such wonderful, genuinely lovely people.

    ReplyDelete